September 6, 2008

After the storm

My family and friends had to deal with some significant storms because of hurricane Gustav. I've only heard from one friend since the storm (most are without power and phone, I guess), and he had a tree fall on his house and 3 fall in his yard.

We've had our own storm here. A friend of mine, the associate pastor of Igreja Batista da Vitória died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He was a beloved man and he loved the Lord. I stayed with members of his family and our church the whole night, until the burial late Thursday morning. We will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.