December 2, 2007

December 2nd, 2007

This morning I finished my sermon series on Jesus. I told as a single narrative from the moment Judas went to meet with the religious leaders to plan to deliver Jesus up to the moment that Jesus was taken up into Heaven in Acts 1.

I really enjoyed the chance to tell Bible narrative as a sermon for the past 4 weeks. I am glad to be getting a break for a while. Many of the church members asked me how I could remember such a big story and wondered if I have a super memory. I told them that I actually don't have a great memory, but that I learned the big story as a series of small stories that are only about 2-3 minutes long each. Then when it is time to tell the big story, I string the stories together as a narrative.

After the new year, I will begin a group within this church. I will help them to learn Bible stories, learn to tell them, learn to teach others to learn them and tell them, and learn how to lead people to think through the stories as they hear them, as a form of Bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.