December 18, 2007

December 18th, 2007

Well, last night was our last bible storying session with the family in the big city. In order to draw a close to our stories, I went back and told a simple story from Matthew 13, Jesus telling the story of the sower and his explaining of the story. We followed the same pattern we always followed. I told the story, they retold it to me, we stepped through it with questions about the story, then we had a discussion of meaning and application.

We talked about what happens to people after they hear God's message. They really identified with rocky soil, but were afraid of that as well. They wanted to be good soil. We talked about what their lives would be like in the future if they based on each type of soil. Hopefully, this family will be obedient and reproduce. Only God knows right now.

We are going to leave the discipleship of this family to the care of another Christian family and we will start new storying groups in January. We will check up with this family from time to time, but our meetings will no longer be weekly. I will post when they are baptized. They have an opportunity at the end of the year. We'll see.

Tomorrow I will go to the small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.