November 20, 2007

November 20th, 2007

Last night I returned to the family in the city. Instead of telling a new story, we had a discussion about some of the previous stories and talked about the things people did when they first repented and gave their lives to God. When our discussion was over we had talked extensively about baptism and church membership. I'll tell a baptism story next week.

I did encounter a problem with my method and something I will need to correct for future groups. This family did not remember the previous stories very well. Some stories were confused with others. I will need to do a better job reviewing the stories and providing opportunities along the way for the stories to be retold many times. I do feel like I am doing a better job of this in the small town.

I had the privilege of recording a podcast (Internet radio program) with Bryan Thompson yesterday. He is in Ireland and has a ministry called story4all. Here's a link to the program. Story4All Podcast program #81 It's about 20 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.