January 30, 2012

Not Losing Rhythm

We went to Mr S’s home again on Friday. Once again, we had to go up the hill on foot, in the rain and mud.  We had not been sure if we would have our bible study this week. I have been adjusting to another unexpected season of deafness and his daughter is recovering from surgery. The family insisted that we not lose rhythm. They want to follow Jesus. We will not be a discouragement.

Mr S’s daughter is doing well, with a small bandage on her head, just like I had a few months ago. She was happy to see us and already excited about what is to come.

Shortly after we arrived, we got a phone call with some bad news. Really bad news. The kind that either sends you into fervent prayer or into despair. We just could not go forward with a regular inductive bible study (oral style), so we just read Psalm 90 and prayed. We prayed a lot.

Then the children put on a cd of praise. Mr S’s daughter danced. She can feel the rhythm. I believe she can also feel the newness of spirit that has overcome her family. Without a word, she praises.

Pray for us. We are in the midst of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.