December 5, 2008

"I am a child of God, I believe"

Earlier this week, we invited one of the young men that works in Loaise's company to have dinner with us. He received a job offer to work in the African country of Angola. He left this morning. He had been listening each week as I told stories from the scripture, starting with creation.

When he arrived, I was finishing up the Gumbo I'd prepared. As we ate, I asked if I could tell him more of what the Bible says about Jesus. He agreed. I told stories about Jesus for over an hour, starting with his birth and ending with his resurrection and ascension. I then reminded him of the question Jesus asked Martha before he raised Lazarus from death.

"I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me, even if he dies, will live. . . Do you belive this?"

His answer was similar to Martha's. "I believe. I believe that Jesus IS the promised one that God had to send to the world. I believe he is the Savior."

Before he left on his trip, he left a note for Loaise. "I am a child of God, and I will be forever. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.