April 12, 2010

W much like Gideon

W was baptized yesterday. His grandmother was there (she is the head of his household). His brothers and sisters were there. I was wrong about his age. He is 13, not 11.

His grandmother was in tears and hugged him afterwards. I could read her lips saying. “Now you are a man of God in our family. This is very important.” She announced to me a little later that her family is going to follow Jesus like W. She asked me to return to her home again after my trip to help her family learn how to be disciple too. On second thought, I may go there this afternoon.

I will help them begin an oral-style inductive Bible study as a family.

1 comment:

  1. W, by the way has done much to change his family since this post. It is amazing what the faith of a child can do.

    ReplyDelete

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.