October 4, 2007

September 22nd, 2007

Thursday night, we went to the family in the big city and I told the story of Jesus raising Lazarus. We arrived an hour late, so our session was a little different than ususal. We reviewed last weeks stories, but I didn't ask anyone to retell a story, nor did I retell the stories.

My pre-story questions:
1 Who was Lazarus? 2 What happened to him? 3 Why did it happen to him?
Their answers after the story:
1He was a friend of Jesus. 2He got sick and died. 3To reveal God's power and the divine nature of Jesus.

My post story questions (not counting factual questions about the story)
Why didn't the disciples want to go back toward Jerusalem?
Did Martha understand what Jesus was saying about Lazarus?
What do you think Jesus meant about being the resurrection?
Why did Jesus cry?
When Jesus raised Lazarus, what was the reaction of the people?
What did the religious leaders plan to do because of Jesus? Why?
Why did the pharisees choose not to believe in Jesus? Did they have enough evidence that he is the Son of God? What was the difference in the reaction of the people and of the religious leaders after Jesus cured people or raised Lazarus?
Were the pharisees happy people? Why not? What would have made them happy?
Is there anything causing you to not want to believe in Jesus? What would happen if you gave it up to believe in Jesus?

I told the story well, but since it was very late, and because the story was long, I did not ask anyone to tell the story back. I don't know if this is a bad thing or not. Everyone in this group is literate, but we only use our Bibles to mark the place of the story and to memorize verses. I did not remember to challenge everyone to remember the words of Jesus "I am the resurrection and the life, anyone who believes in me, even if he dies, will live."

I am a little worried about what to do after the next couple of weeks, because I am getting to the end of the story block. I believe both Le and Fa will receive Christ, but I don't know if I will pass them over to the neighborhood church for discipleship, or if we will form a house church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.