October 30, 2010

Widely Accepted Missions Strategy

I read this on a site. I’ve seen this dozens of times with other organizations as well. I want to point it out.
The objective of the work of the Generic Missions Agency can be outlined in three stages:
1. Learn the Language.
2. Begin creating a phonetic alphabet and training in literacy.
3. Through the translation of the Bible, transmit the word of God.
I would propose a new strategy if I were permitted to give my opinion. It would look like this:
    1. Learn the language.
    2. Tell God’s stories orally.
    3. Disciple using an oral Bible.
    4. Begin creating a phonetic alphabet and training in literacy.
    5. Translate the Bible as a supplement and codification of the oral bible, making recordings as you go.
Why should reading or literacy EVER be a prerequisite to evangelism and discipleship?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write to me here and I will respond in the comments section. If you have questions or comments you may leave them here. If you want specific information that I don't want to provide publicly, I will respond by email, so leave an address for me.